My absolute favorite meal is brown rice and eggs.
Over the years, I’ve created variations on it by adding avocado, putting it on a bed of arugula, even replacing the brown rice with purple cabbage, which is so sensational, I’ll write another post about that. This dish has grain, protein and you can eat it for any meal. My husband calls this my hippie food. I call it Helaine Food.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ avocado sliced
- Couple pinches of good salt
In a frying pan, combine the following:
- Saute the garlic over low heat with the oil
- Add the 2 eggs and scramble in the pan
- Throw in the cooked brown rice and mix together
- Put on a plate and sprinkle some salt (I like pink Himalayan sea salt)
- Add the sliced avocado..and enjoy my favorite meal, Classic Helaine Fare.